Re: [OM] What's Missing?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's Missing?
From: AS <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 18:49:42 -0800 (PST)
"If the axe truly fell, then we wouldn't continue to be
> bringing this up. We
> wouldn't have a mini-revival going in some of the ancients.
> And we wouldn't
> have this ongoing claim with every new camera of "finally,
> this camera beats
> film" nonsense or worse yet "most film-like"."

A lot of that has to do with the "feel" of a classic camera. Hearing the pure
sound of the shutter. New cameras don't give that feeling and some of the
dslr's have electronic sounding shutters...not the same! I believe the purists
will continue to support and use film. As one of the threads mentions...perhaps
the dslr is going bye-bye. Which brings me to the question of video in a dslr.
If dslr's are going to the wayside...why invest so much in incorporating video
in a dslr?