Re: [OM] What's Missing?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's Missing?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 11:45:44 +0800
I think the film flaws is a vaild claim, that's why I try to simulate Velvia
look for some types of photos as it is more contrasy than usual digital
camera response and more "blue" (or "violet" which ever you like). Slides
give deeper look although it may not duplicate the real scene. All these
flaws can be simulated with software but there is just no software do it
right for all type of images, you have to do it one by one. It take time to
learn but it is worth when you got the result you wanted, just like darkroom
technique which I never had a chance to learn. I'm rescanning my negatives
and the results were just much better with the technique I learnt after
scanned for over ten thousands negatives.

Another issue is due to the difficulty in mastering a good print with
digital workflow, the profile issues are difficult to understand (at least
for me). Many people even not able to manage a good looking image for
display on monitor not to mention on print.

C.H.Ling