Re: [OM] sometimes you shouldn't window shop - 5D

Subject: Re: [OM] sometimes you shouldn't window shop - 5D
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:30:50 +0100
> Out of curiosity, what "noise" setting do you use in the camera?

I have it set to none
> medium and high noise settings in-camera noticeably soften high ISO
> images, but so can Noiseware (and I assume the rest of the pack).

thats what I found with neat image - at least with auto profile, I was
hoping CH Ling might share his settings as I believe he uses it.

> I think I understand if you're referring to the difference in results
> of RAW conversion via Aperture as compared to Studio. Otherwise I'm
> not sure I follow.

sort of, when I printed direct from studio I got exactly what I saw on
the screen, when I print from aperture (or cs4)  etc I  have to play
with the brightness settings.
> I use Studio to do the RAW conversion but transfer it to PS for tweaks
> and sharpening before printing.  I don't notice any shift in color,

This is the difference I like the highlight and shadow recovery in
aperture and its library feature so I opted to forgo the better colour
from studio for the easier (quicker) workflow, but maybe I need to
rethink this or find a way to do the recovery in studio.