Re: [OM] E-P2 to be announced tomorrow

Subject: Re: [OM] E-P2 to be announced tomorrow
From: David Irisarri Vila <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 19:57:26 +0100
Well,

IMHO Olympus has been watching what happens with micro fourthirds. It
´s much easier to wait rather than starting to manufacturing a wide
range of lenses like Panasonic. This costs tooo much. Zuiko opticks
are much better than Panasonic ones even with the "LEICA engraved
name". Obviously 17/2.8 and 14-42/3.5-5.6 are cheapo lenses for
selling them as a cheap kit. All reviewed Panasonic fourthirds lenses
aren´t as good as Olympus ones. It seems micro fourthirds has an
unexpected success so I am pretty sure tomorrow Olympus will reveal
several prime lenses for micro fourthirds tomorrow. Plus if Kodak and
Fuji start manufacturing micro fourthirds cameras, Olympus will
benefit from this as they won´t manufacture lenses for sure and
Olympus lenses will be more compact and cheaper.

Dave