Re: [OM] "Way Beyond Monochrome," anyone has a copy?

Subject: Re: [OM] "Way Beyond Monochrome," anyone has a copy?
From: Richard Man <richard.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:54:02 -0800
Ctein, whose opinions I trust a lot, does not hold split grade
printing on high esteem. OTOH, Les McLean, with whom I have been
talking to online a wee bit, holds the opposite opinion.

However, I do find that by using the F-stop timer and the meter on the
Analyser PRO, I can get a base timing. Then make 2 split grade test
strips with 1/6th stop across, and viola, the results are oh-so-nice.

But do need more testing... It's pretty painless to do split grade though, so...

// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog:
http://rfman.wordpress.com
// book: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/745963