Re: [OM] ( OM ) Sharpening digital images

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Sharpening digital images
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 09:23:22 -0500
I'm not sure who might have made such an erroneous statement since all
digital images do require sharpening (including those from a scanner).
In fact, when done properly, digital images should be sharpened twice.
The first sharpening is called "capture sharpening".  It is a light
sharpening and is independent of any planned use of the image.  This is
the type of sharpening done in Camera Raw. The next sharpening is called
"output sharpening" where the degree of sharpening is related to output
print size.  Such sharpening is obviously not done until a final image
is cropped and sized for a particular print size.  I'll leave the
discussion to this link
<http://lightroom-news.com/lightroom-11-update/sharpening/>