Re: [OM] 250/2

Subject: Re: [OM] 250/2
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:12:25 +0200
Thank you Wiliam for your efforts to sooth my need :-) Much
appreciated...
Must have been quite something to use the 90-250/2.8 beast. I've never
even
seen one.

Unfortunately, it's not quite the same thing :-( I have used various
C*non Supertele
lenses in the past (300/2.8, 400/2.8, and have once experienced a
200/1.8) and
I am specifically just interested in the "look" of the 250/2.0 - the
specific
DOF characteristics of that aperture and focal length, as well as the
corner light
falloff at f/2 (which is supposed to be considerable according to Gary
Reese, but I
actually like that for the type of images I usually make with a lens
wide open, i.e.
coupled with shallow DOF).

I also would just like to have seen what people have done with this
fine lens. Surely
when peering through it, one would have to actually force onesself to
*stop* taking
photos? (or when one collapses from the strain of handling 4Kgs of
glass :-)

Sigh...