Re: [OM] Olympus E-P2 + Lumix 20mm f1.7

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-P2 + Lumix 20mm f1.7
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 08:30:43 +0200
On 06 Nov 2009, at 12:08 AM, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> This one in particular is quite outstanding:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/21122418@N07/4059180489/

I have to disagree. As an image, it's quite cure, but it's technically
terrible.
It looks like a 100% crop form a small-sensor digicam to me, to be
honest. Sorry, for
ISO 400, it's really unusable, and somehow looks too "chunky."

This is an ISO 800 image with no noise reduction made in about one
sixteenth the light
as the mutt shot, using 5-year old DSLR technology.

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/259/2/9/Pathleadingtothehighgrass_by_philosomatographer.jpg
(ISO 800, 1/15s, f/1.2)

I am sorry, but I really would expect the E-P1/2 to at least compete
with a 5-year old DSLR, never mind
their claims that it offers "DSLR quality in a compact package". It's
not even close. Not by a long shot.
Both on lenses, as well as on the sensor front.

It's simply not at all a serious camera. Whereas the original Pen F
cameras were. They were serious about
a lot of things back then, such as releasing an actual nice set of
lenses with the body.

D.