Re: [OM] Olympus E-P2 + Lumix 20mm f1.7

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-P2 + Lumix 20mm f1.7
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 07:49:49 -0600
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06 Nov 2009, at 12:08 AM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
>
>> This one in particular is quite outstanding:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/21122418@N07/4059180489/
>
> I have to disagree. As an image, it's quite cure, but it's technically
> terrible.
> It looks like a 100% crop form a small-sensor digicam to me, to be
> honest. Sorry, for
> ISO 400, it's really unusable, and somehow looks too "chunky."

That's fine with me.  I have no money on the E-P1/2 horse.  The
original question was about the lens, and the natural point of
comparison is the Olympus 17mm pancake rather than some visionary
ideal.  The lens does very well I think.  I'm afraid I don't otherwise
look for technical prowess in Flickr images beyond fairly simple or
obvious things.  I'm a bit of a clod.

Joel W.