Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Flower, sort of ...

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Flower, sort of ...
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 09:58:58 +0800
It is good to hear that. Sometimes we judge an image as dark due to the
relative brightness of the subject, the judgement is independing on the
monitor brightness. With this image, the overall mood is grey and a bit dark
but it still look great on monitor with higher luminance.

This image does not occupy the whole histogram, it will look dark on the
monitor which has low luminace (ok, aged eyes will also cause that problem).
I adjusted it by moving the highlight to 220 and gave it an inverse S curve
to keep the tone unchanged. It will cause less trouble for viewing under
different monitor.

C.H.Ling