Re: [OM] (OM) Re: Indecent exposure (again)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Re: Indecent exposure (again)
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 19:44:29 +0000
It took me a few readings of your email to understand what you wanted,
Brian, but I can't help feeling that you are complicating matters
somewhat, or that Rickard is, e.g. why press the +/- button to set the
aperture with the thumbwheel?  It's available on either wheel
depending on how you have it set up.  If I am in Aperture Priority the
front wheel does the aperture adjustment and the rear adjusts the
exposure compensation.

But the other query you had, reference Ken Norton's advice for
settings for each of 2 users, can probably be answered on page 33 of
the E-3 Reference Manual.  It talks about CUSTOM RESET and that's what
you want, I think.

Again, although I have set up Custom Reset for the E-3, as I did for
the E-1 and for my Panasonic LX3, I very rarely use it.  I keep the
settings simple, I adjust the compensation if necessary and I shoot
away.

Chris