Re: [OM] Three recent prints, first roll of Ilford XP2 (+90/2.0 macro)

Subject: Re: [OM] Three recent prints, first roll of Ilford XP2 (+90/2.0 macro)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 18:15:20 +0200
Hi Ken,

You have summarised the two aspects that I certainly noticed, yes.
The minilab did manage to ever so slightly damage the film, so I guess
it is very soft, and yes, the base is a dense, brown colour compared
to the light blue-ish of FP4 etc.

And  yes, both of my posted images do suffer from poorer tonal
separation
because of the extremes of the exposure latitude used, but I am still
very
happy with the results.

It ain't no Pan F, and I still have a feeling that I will ultimately
settle
on two films in my OM-1s (Pan F in the one body, HP5+ in the other
body) but
I will certainly take a longer-term look at XP2.

Do you have any of your XP2 images to show us, Ken?

D.

On 09 Nov 2009, at 5:44 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

<snip>

> My only concerns with it in the darkroom are two-fold:  The film
> scratches very
> easily and base is so dark that you have to double or triple your
> enlarger
> print exposure times.
<snip>