Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.

Subject: Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:02:24 +0000
2009/11/10 Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Bill,
>
> You mean the Silkypix that I was never able to save a file with, even
> after reading the manual? Yeah I treid it, agree with you 100%

Never found it to be particularly problematic, myself, in fact, I
bought it and am getting on OK with it.  I think the thing to remember
here is that you're not really saving your work in the same way that
you would with, say, a word processor document or some such, where the
edited version overwrites the existing one.  You're "developing" a raw
image - the raw image is preserved in its original state.  It makes
some sense to me to differentiate the two processes.  All you have to
do is select the image, set the settings and, when you're happy, click
the little button on the toolbar to develop that image, it's right
next to the one for batch development of a whole bunch of selected
images.   Then you'll get the dialog box that lets you specify what
file format, compression, scaling etc and where you want the
"developed" image to be stored.

Not intuitive if you're expecting the usual "file>save as" dialog, but
not so dire.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer