Re: [OM] New member - OM4 shutter question

Subject: Re: [OM] New member - OM4 shutter question
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:51:27 -0500
When the mount was taken apart, you lost the timing between the large
plastic gear that interlocks with the shutter speed dial and the small
gear visible at the bottom of the mirror box.  This small gear has
brushes on it that rub against the lower circuit board.  It also has a
definite proper arc of rotation.  The edge of the small gear has small
dots on it.  As you slowly turn it counter-clockwise you'll see a set of
3 dots.  With the center dot of these 3 forward, that is mechanical 1/60
position. Don't turn clockwise as it will lock.

It is possible that forcing the gear back and forth when assembled at
the wrong position could damage the brushes on this gear (this controls
manual shutter speeds).
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com