Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.

Subject: Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:51:22 -0500
The fundamental difference between a digital film scan and a camera raw
file is that the scanner will produce an R, G and B component for every
pixel.  Most, but not all, cameras use some form of Bayer arrangement
which utilizes two green pixels for each red and blue and these color
components are combined in various ways to derive the stated resolution
of the sensor.  The converted raw file (TIFF or whatever format) will
then be like the scanner file with an R, G and B component for each pixel.

Chuck Norcutt