Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.

Subject: Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:51:02 -0700
Hi Russ,

You know...when I post to this list I am acutely aware of the fact that
there is more knowledge and experience here than pretty much any where
else online. Which is why I love to read everything I can that is
discussed here, but also why I rarely post. I have great respect for the
collective experience on this list. But I know that so much of the info
shared here is very much over my head.
That said, I have never used a program like that which you are
recommending, and I would, indeed, be bugging list members for much help
if I were to try it.
Is this really a viable option for someone like myself?
I am fairly intelligent, but simple and basic are my friends.

Mostly, what I want my RAW converter to do, is to get the most out of
the colors, recover highlights to that program's best ability (if
necessary), get the white balance where I want it to be, and to batch
process all of that.
I am happy to do any and all other edits in Photoshop.

Candace