Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.

Subject: Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:14:25 +0000
Yup, I'm with you on that. I find Elements6 pretty close. I open it into
Organizer and do full screen reviewing for keepers / discards. Then i do raw
adjustments - exposure, white balance, crop, hilight recovery, fill light,
clarity (lce) and maybe vibrance, sharpen and noise reduction. Elements has to
open the (quick) editor but all the raw changes are in acr and get saved as
sidecar files and you never actually use the editor. Organizer displays the
edited raw files. Last job is any pixel level editing, then exporting as jpg
for web or printing. Elements has full color managemnet control over printing.
You'll perhaps remember that last week I was asking about LR as an Elements
replacement - well I think the cost of LR is ruling it out...
Cheers
Jez

Sent from my Nokia phone