[OM] PS keyboard shortcuts [was How to whiten yellow teeth in PhotoShop

Subject: [OM] PS keyboard shortcuts [was How to whiten yellow teeth in PhotoShop in 10 seconds flat]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:14:00 -0800
Piers Hemy wrote:
> Don't know what the book says, but Ctrl-E is what I use.  It works on the
> current layer and that immediately below, so to flatten the whole image you
> need to be on the top layer, and then use it repeatedly.

Ctrl-Shift-E merges all visible (selected) layers, sort of a super
Ctrl-E. For those who name layers, there is a difference between the
two. Ctrl-E retains the name of the lower layer for the merge, while
Ctrl-Shift-E retains the name of the top visible layer. Logically
inconsistent.

Flatten Image is also available on the Pallette Menu by right clicking
on any level. This could actually be more convenient than a keyboard
shortcut if your next move involves mouse use.

Also, keyboard shortcuts may be edited, Edit=>Keyboard Shortcuts. You
will find that most are already assigned, but you may replace one use
with another. If, for example, a shortcut for Flatten Image is of more
use to you than one for creating a new layer that merges, but does not
delete, all visible layers, Alt-Shift-Ctrl-E makes sense in context of
the other merge shortcuts.

Moose