Re: [OM] To all who answered the call - Thank you

Subject: Re: [OM] To all who answered the call - Thank you
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:57:59 EST

In a message dated 11/11/2009 4:30:06 P.M. Central Standard Time,
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

This'll  probably annoy some, but....
Should we also apologise to those who, like my  parents, didn't have
any choice?
At least they made it back home,  unlike some of their friends.
Andrew Fildes

Veteran's Day in the US is a day of remembering those who  served.  Some
who served, volunteered, others were drafted.   I'm not sure if an apology is
necessary when remembering the sacrifice each made  in their own way.  My
feelings today are of gratitude and thanksgiving  for all those who served.
Yes, I am one of the many who have answered that  call.  No apology is
required as it is my honor to be among this  group.  Bill Barber