[OM] A Pretty Picture from my old stomping grounds

Subject: [OM] A Pretty Picture from my old stomping grounds
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 00:31:17 -0600
Last weekend I got back to Michigan for my father's wedding. While there I
did get a chance to get down to the beach. I posted a picture on
www.zone-10.com that was one of those "worst case" shots that really
stresses the optics as well as digital's capture ability.

The camera was pointed almost directly into the sun, with the sun just
outside of the image area. I did crop the bottom of the image off for
artistic reasons (the square crop accentuated the clouds), but the image is
essentially completely as-is out of the camera. I converted the raw file in
Studio2, but used settings totally available in-camera.

There was no "protective" filter on the lens, it is bare. Oh, and this is
the lens which has a scratch on the front element.

AG