Re: [OM] IMG: Angels-02

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Angels-02
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:58:55 -0600
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 3:54 AM, Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The problem with any form of criticism is that it must be done with
> some kind of desired end-result in mind, i.e. intent.
>
> Every photographer has his own intent for his image, so
> criticism can only be on technical aspects, or be vague at best.

Criticism usually tends to tell me more about the critic than the
photograph. However, I find it very interesting and useful regardless.
 Philippe's work has been a delight.  I feel like it is a waste of
bandwidth always to be saying "Wow, I like that" -- again, because I
figure that's more about me than the thing itself, though I know
people appreciate being appreciated.

And speaking of appreciation, I enjoy so many of your comments, Dawid.
 You are interested in different things from me, and that's part of
the difference among us I enjoy as shared.  Your description of the
90/2 as having the quality of internal illumination bounced around in
my head for days, it was so perfect.

Joel W.