Re: [OM] 250/2.0, and my changed eyes

Subject: Re: [OM] 250/2.0, and my changed eyes
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:48:07 +0200
Yes man, give me a break! Buying the 250 was a carefully considered
decision, making sure that all the finances will *just* make it for the
next two months. So I am not even tempted by the possibility of a
180/2.0,
it's not going to happen :-) In fact, the only tempting aspect in the
first
place was the fact that it's half the volume / weight - but I am
afraid there
is no tele lens now, OM or from any other manufacturer, that could
even remotely
tempt me. The 250 is simply awesome :-)

I have the best wife in the world. We are currently going through a
very difficult
time, with her mother probably going to pass away in the next week or
so after a long
battle with Cancer, and she stopped working some months back to look
after her.

I broke the news about the 250 to her this morning It was the first
time I really saw
her this week, since she's staying with her mother's.

See, what bachelors get up to, eh?! At least I am tempted by metal and
glass, some
other men develop other types of wanderings... :-)

She knows this lens has been a dream of mine for a while (many a time
have I shoved
the "OM System Lens Handbook" under her nose, explaining this and
that) and she said

a.) She knew I was going to buy it, the moment I told her that John
     may be getting one, back when he told us all about the potential
     stock from Olympus, and
b.) That it's good that I did this now - after all, we don't have kids
etc.
     yet so we're not compromising anybody else's lifestyle

The female sixth sense always astounds me. But my wife's strength,
kindness and
spirit in this incredibly tough time, even when I go ahead and do
"stupid" things
(from any non-OM enthusiast's point of view) like this, astounds me
even more.

D.