Re: [OM] A slight yellow tint, however what about the hood . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] A slight yellow tint, however what about the hood . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 09:28:15 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2009 7:55:54 A.M. Central Standard Time,
dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I  thought the hood for the 90/2.0 Macro was a rubber hood?
The one in the  listing looks metal to me. Of course, I am not
an OM hoods  expert.

A bit of both.  The actual hood part is rubber, the base not.   The hoods
are not easy to find.  They turn up a lot less frequently than  the 55mm f1.2
or 50mm f1.2.  My recent theft involved, among other  things, a 50mm f1.2 &
90mm f2 with the proper hood.  Fortunately,  I had another hood for the
135mm macro.  I would guess the hood to bring  somewhere in the $75 to $100
range if offered alone.  <{B^)  Bill Barber