Re: [OM] Misty Mountains in California, where and when to go?

Subject: Re: [OM] Misty Mountains in California, where and when to go?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 14:13:05 -0800
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Ooohhhh! Nice. I liked the third cloud picture because it reminded me of
> surf, in an abstract sort of way.

Thanks!

I assume you mean the third of the first set. The marine fog here often
looks like very slow moving water waves. When is is coming in over SF on
a summer afternoon, it looks like a tsunami pouring over the hills and
crashing down onto the downtown - but in very slow motion.

Some times and places, it's warm enough below that the wave keeps
dissipating before coming down, so it can be a looong time before the
wave 'lands'. Ridiculously picturesque.

Moose