Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw so

Subject: Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:47:27 -0700
Alrighty, Moose.
I am back in front of my computer for just a little bit.

I like the red that you were able to retain in the rocks of the Monument.
I also find the reflection in the drum not distracting, but interesting.
He did not want the background blurred, he wanted it to be as clear as
possible. It was an extremely hazy morning, very typical for us, and the
one good side effect of his being so late to sit for the pictures, is
that a lot of the haze had burned of by then. The silver lining, I suppose.

I am sure he will use some of the images for promo purposes, but, in all
honesty, it was a birthday thing and many friends telling him they never
see pictures of him. He called me Monday night. This session (in his
mind) had to occur on Wednesday, his last day of being 39 years of age.
He's not excited to be turning 40 (poor boy!), and had definite ideas
about what he wanted. Keeping the schedule time-wise would have been
most helpful. Anyhow, he wanted images with punch, wanted high contrast
(fortunately for me), and wanted to have fun doing it. He was well aware
of the fact that we were now taking pictures during a very unwise time
of day for light. He is happy with the jpegs, I am the one who is not.

So, today, this brings me to trying Olympus Master 2 again. I sort of
feel like I should title this email with "I guess I do like Green Eggs
and Ham". I have hated using Olympus Master in the past, but...I went
there again today to try and see what could be done with the E-30 ORFs.
It seems to have handled the files better than ACR, and none of those
weird red and blue etchings when saving straight to jpeg.

ORF developed with Olympus Master 2 and converted to Jpeg. Edits listed
below image, no further editing in other software:
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Other/Testing-and-playing-with/1764041_uUPJC#713054784_kkwKR-L-LB

That same Jpeg edited further in CS3. I think it's about where I would
consider it done for his purposes. I do think I prefer the more red in
the rocks that your image has, so I might toy around with warming the WB
a bit more in Olympus Master 2 when I do the batch. All edits are listed
below the image:
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Other/Testing-and-playing-with/1764041_uUPJC#713029426_m7HD9-L-LB

Khen, if you are reading this, yes Olympus Master 2 is the Green Eggs
and Ham that you have told me several times I would like for the E-30 files.
Guess I'm more than a little bit hard headed.

Candace