Re: [OM] ( OM ) off-topic; it's all about MACs (not Big Macs)

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) off-topic; it's all about MACs (not Big Macs)
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:04:49 +0100
It really is not that different from Windows, Brian. She should make a new
folder on the desktop (File...New Folder) and then in the e-mail she can either
drag the pictures to the new folder, or right-click on each attachment and save
it to that folder. Then when sending you the individual e-mails, she clicks on
the paper clip and selects the file. Apple Mail has an option "send
Windows-friendly attachments" (a checkbox at the bottom when you are attaching
a file to a message) but I have never figured out what it does. It does not
seem to have any impact on the recipient's ability to open the attachment.

But your friend should actually read a little about her new computer. She did
the really smart thing in buying a Mac, now she should do the other really
smart thing and actually learn to use it ;-)

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain