Re: [OM] Some 250/2.0 Samples (colour, Fuji 800)

Subject: Re: [OM] Some 250/2.0 Samples (colour, Fuji 800)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:49:02 +0200
I have in my experience used any lens which is this good at f/2.0 :-)

I must admit though, my small grainy images would look sharp for
almost any lens that is not an absolute coke bottle.
Where the real performance is visible is in the one or two darkroom
prints I've made, for example in my previously posted image:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/317/c/e/Bert__s_Tub_by_philosomatographer.jpg
(OM-1n, FP4+, f/2.0)

On paper, the detail and crispness is incredible, looks a bit like the
prints I make from 6x7cm negatives. Thanks for the compliments, and I
do agree that more compliments are deserved for hand-holding the thing
(even though I say so myself) than for any other aspect of the images.
It's really quite heavy. My arms are currently in shock, and in a bit
of pain, but I suspect once they recover it'll become easier and
easier :-)