Re: [OM] [IMG] on another cloud.

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMG] on another cloud.
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:06:08 -0200
Thanks all who have cared to comment :-)
Moose is right, Dawid ir right, and you're right too ... that info is
written under File Info? does it come from History? how do I disable
it, if I wanted to?

The old Ektachrome 100 capured a little of red in the lower part of
the cloud, and the rest of the frame is quite flat, being the light
blue of the sky particularly unreal. Mosse's corections are quite like
the slide itself shows.
Did some post processing to increase that little red, but it's not
mixed too much with blue as to render violet in my _recently
calibrated Spyder3 monitor_ :-)

I didn't want to leave it as the Ektachrome is 18 years after it was
correctly processed, but took care not to fall into the magenta /
violet, so what you're seeing somehow surprises me: there is some
red-pink at the bottom of the cloud, as seen in my 'new' monitor.

Shall continue this later, since I owe Moose a more thoughtful answer
(which will push my English to its limits ... ).

Dawid, yes you're right: Moose cloned out those trees, I had decide to
leave them, As I recall, I was 'back against the wall' - that small
wall that limits the area from which you can view Firenze, with a 200,
the wall and some trees could have been brought into the frame, maybe
if I had climbed the wall and compose from 2,5 meters height ...
scary.

This is a quick answer, more to come later ... busy day: work and
taxes to pay, didn't had lunch already.

last: yes, it is overdone, I thought the old Ektachrome didn't do
justice to David. If it had been Provia ... well. But something in the
workflow may be wrong - let's see: now this Spyder ... mmmmmmmm

Fernando