Re: [OM] OT: Gmail and Apps, was OT; China - a shift in global power?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Gmail and Apps, was OT; China - a shift in global power?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:59:25 -0600

> A work-around to the gmail from: address is to subscribe to the Oly list
> from the gmail address as well as yiur preferred address. Then set that
> gmail account to not receive lisr messages. Now you can post from either
> address.
> Jez, doing exactly that...

Exactly.  I'm subscribed to the list from a non-gmail account. When using
gmail directly in a browser, I have it configured to send mail from the
receiving address.  Changing horses would work fine, but I got myself a
workaround that is just peachy. Besides, there are many other advantages to
using the browser-based screens so I'm happy.

BTW, the Palm Centro software configured the gmail account perfectly too.
The more I use this thing, the more impressed I am. Unfortunately, it's one
of the best kept smartphone secrets going.  Shame that Palm is trying
everything it can to kill it.

AG