Re: [OM] Life philosophy, relaitonships, etc al. Was: 250/2.0, and my c

Subject: Re: [OM] Life philosophy, relaitonships, etc al. Was: 250/2.0, and my changed eyes
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:54:39 -0600

> However, I do believe that Ken's stereotyping on all matters (be it marital
> relationships, or film vs digital) is part of the playful banter and spirit
> of this
> odd grouping of people across the globe.

Anybody who knows me knows that I not only have some major quirks, but I
enjoy quirkiness. When things are getting a bit "normal", I need to do
something to spice things up. It's funny, because in four days I'll have
been married for 15 years and I have absolutely nothing planned yet. (I
think it's 15--now what year was that?). Just the other day we had one of
those "I didn't know that about you" moments which really took us by
surprise. She asked "why didn't you tell me that before?" and I responded
"Well, because the subject never came up before."

As an engineer-photographer with stupid-high IQ, I'm a bear to live with
because common-sense ain't usually all that common when it comes to my own
behaviors. My brothers are all the same way and our wives compare notes. Oh,
except for my one brother who is so "out there" that we all have to pray for
his wife. My wife and I are made for each other, though.  She's a musician
and a preacher.  Talk about a household which is anything but
stereotypical!  It's kinda weird--our kids tell us to turn the stereo down.
Our church people find us rather entertaining.

"Playful banter" is one of the unique characteristics of this list. Contrary
to popular belief, I don't take too many things very seriously and half of
what I write is intended to stimulate conversation in such a way that we get
others to contribute what knowledge they have on any subject which may or
may not even remotely have anything to do with Olympus cameras. When I
appear to be going off the reservation, sometimes that is just an effort to
get us to thinking WAY outside the box. Other times, I'm just plain off the
reservation.

This current discussion on raw converters is a good example of this.  I'm
trying to stimulate "group think" here and getting us to all learn from each
other. I don't know everything about anything, but know somethings about
many things. And so do you! It's fun when we can pull in information from
other sources that have nothing to do with photography but the end result is
better photography and better beings. I know that I'm a far better man for
knowing you all.

Especially Moose!

:)

AG