Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw so

Subject: Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:24:48 -0600
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Candace Lemarr
<CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you, Joel.
> I appreciate the info on Master vs. Studio.
> I am unable to get the ORFs to open directly into the RAW converter of
> Master 2 from FastStone, but they do open in th editor and then I can
> click on the RAW button on the top tool bar.
> I agree with you that it would be most helpful to be able to save
> settings or a set of development preferences in Master 2.
> And, like you, I am very happy with the ease of setting up folders and
> directories using FastStone.

Yes, my routine is the same as far as opening into the editor, and it
is really pretty similar in Studio2, it's just the Studio is a little
better at figuring out if an ORF just showed up, you probably want to
edit it.  Where Studio is also smarter is that you can make your edits
in Studio and then just click to close the program and then the save
dialogue allows you to select to launch the associated editor as it
saves the TIFF and closes Studio.

It is nice to have Studio close because unless Studio is closed, you
can't get FS to open the next file into it.  I wish you could because
it would save time.  There's always something.

Joel W.