Re: [OM] Adventures in raw processing WAS: Who in the world, writes thi

Subject: Re: [OM] Adventures in raw processing WAS: Who in the world, writes this junk?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 06:19:08 -0500
The display in Bridge is the raw file according to the XMP
instructions... assuming that the raw file has been edited and an XMP
file exists.  But, for Canon at least, I think Bridge is probably using
the embedded JPEG until such time as editing has produced an XMP file.

But then again maybe not.  If the initial display is the camera's JPEG
it may contain all sorts of camera controlled JPEG image settings
(contrast, sharpness, art filters, etc, etc) that ACR knows nothing
about and cannot duplicate.  ACR seems to know nothing about camera
settings other than white balance.

Chuck Norcutt