Re: [OM] Adventures in raw processing WAS: Who in the world, writes thi

Subject: Re: [OM] Adventures in raw processing WAS: Who in the world, writes this junk?
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:10:37 -0600
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh, but we do see JPEG output.  It's not clear to me what Bridge does
> but, if you use Breeze Browser or its clone, FastStone, both display the
> embedded JPEG when displaying a Canon raw file.  Therefore, what you see
> is the camera's version of the image according to the camera's settings
> at the time of the shot.  Strange, I've never done an ACR conversion
> exactly according to the camera's settings and then compared the ACR
> conversion with the camera's embedded JPEG.  Something else to add to
> the "to do" list.  :-)

DeepPeeve won't do that with Studio or Master when they review an E
camera because they say the output simply matches the jpg.  Of course,
that's only if you change no settings in the raw converter, but
whatever ...

Isn't there some sort of Canaan software?  If you want to do the kind
of thing we've been doing, compare the jpg with Canaan raw development
at camera settings and then with ACR.  That would broaden the
discussion a bit.

Joel W.