[OM] Archival slide storage

Subject: [OM] Archival slide storage
From: Duncan Paterson <depaterson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:31:09 -0800 (PST)
Hello List,

I'd like to consult your collective wisdom on the subject of storage solutions
for 35 mm slides. I need to find a system suitable for the storage of large
numbers of slides which fulfils the following criteria:

relatively compact; if possible stackable containers for storing on shelves or
in cupboards
- robust and reasonably dust-tight and light-tight
- constructed from archival quality materials
- allows relatively simple viewing of the slides and easy removal in order to
be loaded in a projector
- not overly expensive for up to 10 000 slides

So far, I've come to the following conclusions:

Sleeve/binder systems don't suit my needs; despite the ease of viewing the
contents, removing individual slides to view, project or scan is too  fiddly.
The space requirements are also relatively large. The small, plastic boxes
which hold one film's worth of slides aren't suitable for stacking in large
numbers.

My searching to date has come up with the following possible solutions:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/32230-REG/Logan_Electric_750561_Slide_File_1500G_For.html

http://www.archivalusa.com/msso.html

Can anyone recommend the above products or provide reasons why they are
unsuitable or inadequate, preferably through personal experience?

Does anyone know of any other systems which might better meet my needs ?

Many thanks in advance,

Duncan.