Re: [OM] Senseless Sensor Trivia

Subject: Re: [OM] Senseless Sensor Trivia
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:02:41 -0800
Ken Norton wrote:
> As this is an Olympus oriented list and the E-1 is considered to be the
> godfather E-body which all others are compared to...  Here is a set of trivia
> questions regarding the KAF5101C sensor for you. Some of the REAL answers may
> surprise you:

No cheating, strictly off the top of my head.
> 1. What is the linear dynamic range of this sensor in dB?

Not a clue. Better than most folks think, not as good as the best of
current sensors.

> 2. How many different colors of Red Detectors are used in the KAF5101C sensor?

One

> 3. How many different colors of Blue Detectors are used in the KAF5101C
> sensor?

One

> 4. How many different colors of Green Detectors are used in the KAF5101C
> sensor?

There are two sensors per group. Whether they cover sightly different
color ranges, as later, Panny sensors are said to, I don't know.

> 5. The very first row of detectors in the usable active image area begins
> with Blue. What are the colors of the next three detectors in line?

GGR

> 6. What color is the [first] detector in the second row and what are the
> colors of
> the next three detectors in line?

GGRB

A. Guessing Moose