Re: [OM] Archival slide storage

Subject: Re: [OM] Archival slide storage
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:03:40 -0600
I took a trip down the archival memory lane when I got some old slides from
my father and grandfather, and it was eye-opening. There were many stored in
pre-carousel argus metal slide trays, and others in the pasteboard boxes
from processors.

There was no particular type of film that was safe. Many suffered from fade,
fungus or both. There were some badly faded Agfacolor slides, but some were
perfect. Although Kodachrome fared well, there were about 10-15% that were
simply faded, despite all we read. The Ektachromes were in the middle, and
the anscochromes were pretty bad.

What an experience. Although I wasn't a fan of Kodachrome before, certainly
not know.

Bill Pearce