Re: [OM] Archival slide storage

Subject: Re: [OM] Archival slide storage
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:30:54 -0600
Duncan,

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 slides in storage sheets. The
majority of my sheets are PrintFile 2x2-20B sheets.

I don't know how many, exactly, but I estimate another 10,000 negatives are
stored in the negative sheets.

I've been contemplating the cost of switching the negs over to the PrintFile
CP 35-6HB sheets which holds a contact print along with the negs themselves.
It would cost me about $250-300 to switch over and a small fortune to
produce the contact prints, but it would really change things for me and
possibly make the negatives handle in a similar way as slides do for me.

Which reminds me... Does anybody have a spare Nikon Coolscan film holder?
You know, the clamshell one that holds five or six frames worth of
negatives? My Coolscan V-ED has the roll feeder, which is terrific, but
doesn't work on strips shorter than three frames.

AG