Re: [OM] Speaking of grease

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of grease
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:12:51 -0500
I once used high temp wheel bearing grease (for use with disc brakes)
when cleaning and relubing a Kiron 35-135.  John H may be appalled but
it seems to work fine and the focus ring is nicely damped.  In fact it
feels better than any of my other (unserviced) Kirons except for my
favorite... the 70-150/4.  It's the one Kiron that has never given any
indication of lube breakdown.   :-)

Chuck Norcutt