Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Flower from Jim N.

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Flower from Jim N.
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:47:05 -0600
Hi Joel,

Thanks for the kind words.  The timing was not really of my doing.  I've had
the E-1 for a few days, but the new CF card arrived after 1:00 pm, so I took
my first opportunity to get outside with the camera.

I am very impressed with the E-1.  While it is slightly larger than the
E-510 that I have been using for two years, I don't really notice the
difference in size.  In the brief time I have used it, two things impressed
me ( I'm sure there will be more).  First, though limited in MP, the sensor
seems to do a more pleasing job than the later one in the E-510.  Secondly,
the shutter sound is very quiet, very similar to that of the Leica
rangefinders that I used for many years. This is a fussy issue with
Leicaphiles, and has been a sore spot with the Leica digitals.

I think the E-1 and I will get along just fine.  While neither of us may be
able to keep pace with the more recent arrivals, we both have a few more
good years left.  (I will turn 80 in the Spring.)  I'm looking forward to
becoming more proficient with it.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA