Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Flower from Jim N.

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Flower from Jim N.
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:12:14 -0600
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Joel,
>
> Thanks for the kind words.  The timing was not really of my doing.  I've had
> the E-1 for a few days, but the new CF card arrived after 1:00 pm, so I took
> my first opportunity to get outside with the camera.
>
> I am very impressed with the E-1.  While it is slightly larger than the
> E-510 that I have been using for two years, I don't really notice the
> difference in size.  In the brief time I have used it, two things impressed
> me ( I'm sure there will be more).  First, though limited in MP, the sensor
> seems to do a more pleasing job than the later one in the E-510.  Secondly,
> the shutter sound is very quiet, very similar to that of the Leica
> rangefinders that I used for many years. This is a fussy issue with
> Leicaphiles, and has been a sore spot with the Leica digitals.
>
> I think the E-1 and I will get along just fine.  While neither of us may be
> able to keep pace with the more recent arrivals, we both have a few more
> good years left.  (I will turn 80 in the Spring.)  I'm looking forward to
> becoming more proficient with it.

Well, it looks like you were lucky on the light, but I always take
credit for being lucky.

A friend once wrote a poem entitled "November Roses."  I can't find my
copy of it right now, but it has to do with those second chances one
sometimes gets later in life.  I've always loved the mental image, and
now I've got a physical image to go with it.

You might have to live a bit further north (in this hemisphere) to get
a sense of the great good fortune implied in it though.

Again, congratulations on the image, Jim.

Joel W.