Re: [OM] Completely OT--Playstation 3 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Completely OT--Playstation 3 questions
From: Frank Wijsmuller <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:57:53 +0100
I bought a PS3 slim a couple of month ago. I actually split costs with my
son (15), who wants to play games ;-). For me, the blue-ray disk and dvd
playing capabilities were in it. It gives you youtube and internet on tv
too.

I like the quality of pictures very much, both blu ray and dvd. It really is
very good. I used to look dvd with an analogue player, but the ps3 with hdmi
gives a viewing experience quite close to blu ray. You should indeed buy the
dedicated bluetooth remote.

Internet and youtube is nice too. I use wireless wifi and that's a bit slow
for youtube, but with some patience it works. A keyboard would be convenient
here.

There are some BR players that give you youtube content too (LG, maybe
others, even some tvs), but I think internet gives you more flexibility. For
instance, the dutch 'bbc' has now an application to watch the regular news
broadcasts. And probably will give the possibility of looking other dutch tv
items soon.

Highly recommended. It is even some fun to watch my son playing games,
they're so real they look like movies...

Regards, Frank.

PS Hope your Sony will play 1080p too ;-)