Re: [OM] IMG: Learning About the E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Learning About the E-1
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:30:18 +1100

> Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> In anticipation of using my recently acquired E-1 at a Thanksgiving
> gathering, where indoor light will be the norm, I decided to experiment
> with such a setting to see how it performs.  Using items in a bookcase,
> with normal room lighting, I set the camera to ISO 800 and tried several
> exposure compensation settings, shooting RAW images for processing as
> usual in PSE 6.0.  I was impressed.  Here is an example: A travel alarm
> clock that belonged to my late father-in-law, on a bookcase shelf.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Travel+Alarm+Clock.jpg.html
>
> Does anyone have suggestions for indoor, no flash, shots with the E-1?

While it might not give you the opportunity to use the "new toy", I'd suggest
using the E-510 with IS @ ISO 1600, then apply noise reduction when doing the
raw conversion.  Just try to avoid underexposure, as you'll really have some
noise to deal with then.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com