Re: [OM] IMG: Learning About the E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Learning About the E-1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:34:29 -0500
Since I shoot only raw I'm a proponent of "shooting to the right" so I
run the right end of the histogram to the edge (and maybe even slightly
beyond since I can recover it in post).
<http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/expose-right.shtml>
This does not necessarily produce a correct exposure but rather an
exposure that contains the maximal amount of information to allow
production of the correct exposure in post.

I shoot in manual mode and usually start by exposing according to the
meter.  I then adjust the exposure to shift the histogram to the far
right if necessary and leave the exposure setting until it appears that
the light has changed significantly (by watching the light and the
histogram).

Chuck Norcutt