Re: [OM] Good job I've not been paid yet this month - 5D

Subject: Re: [OM] Good job I've not been paid yet this month - 5D
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:35:45 -0500
Very good but also very expensive.  This one on ebay looks like it could
even be from the same manufacturer (or its clone) and at $56 is priced
significantly higher than other ebay adapters but still far less than
CameraQuest's $175.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Adapter-Fits-Canon-EOS-Body-To-Olympus-OM-lens_W0QQitemZ370289690962QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5636fc4952>

I personally think you'll be fine with just about any ebay adapter
that's chrome plated brass.  I bought two from jinfinance long ago but
he's no longer selling them.  Those adapters works fine on all real OM
Zuiko lenses but the tolerances are too tight for some non-Olympus
lenses.  In particular, my Viv. Series 1 90/2.5 macro.  I have to fit
that one to another adapter bought from an earlier seller who has long
disappeared.

This one looks very much like the one that does fit the Viv Series 1 and
is so cheap it's hard to imagine how you could go wrong.  If it doesn't
work throw it away before spending $175 at CameraQuest.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympus-OM-Lens-to-Canon-EOS-Camera-Mount-Adaptor_W0QQitemZ280420856102QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLens_Accessories?hash=item414a62b126>

Of course, there are now autofocus confirmation adapters and possibly
multiple chip sets floating around.  I have no personal experience with
these.  This is the cheapest one.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/AF-Confirm-Olympus-OM-Lens-to-Canon-EOS-Adapter_W0QQitemZ220488270262QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLens_Accessories?hash=item33562001b6>

Chuck Norcutt