Re: [OM] Oh dear, I did it.

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh dear, I did it.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:51:55 -0800
Ken Norton wrote:
> Congrats, Sir Moose.
>
> That G11 is definitely a tempting camera. I'll pass on it for a couple of
> reasons, but I haven't found anything about it that I really don't like.

Well, it's certainly not a DSLR substitute for many uses. The
articulated LCD does make it actually better for others. The issue of a
"carry anywhere" camera is so very personal. Each person will have their
own equation of size, weight, cost, features, IQ, etc.

I sometimes wish I weren't so fussy about IQ, but I just know I wouldn't
be very happy with the several quite good cameras that are smaller,
lighter and have longer zoom ranges. I think I'm close posting some
images that illustrate the point.

At least I know going in that I'm willing to carry the size and weight
around a lot. The weight is speced as the same and the volume is about
the same, although differently shaped. The old adage is still true; the
camera with me is better than the one at home. I've certainly captured
many images that greatly please me with my "pocket" digicams over the years.

I probably wouldn't even have replied, but I just got the tracking info.
The phone gateway is coming out of Kentucky, as I expected, but the G11
is out of Nevada, and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Won't even
have to board an airplane. Oo, Oo, Oo!

Moose likes new toys ...