Re: [OM] How long before we see the micro 4/3 concept used by everybody

Subject: Re: [OM] How long before we see the micro 4/3 concept used by everybody else?
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:11:50 -0600
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM, philippe.amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Probably, yet we have a G1, and the EVF is no match to the R8's VF I
> used to own ...
> Pana is still a long way from achieving the SL or R8/9 VFs' clarity, a
> long long way except in low light where the EVF is surprisingly useful
> even with a dim lens.

I'm not a connoisseur of EVF, which is why I get along with the EVF of
the C-8080.  I'm certain that it is possible currently to make an EVF
much better than that, and that they will get better yet over time.  I
suppose the larger the sensor the greater the challenge.  An EVF
beckons with so many advantages over a conventional VF that I look
forward to my next reasonably serious camera with one.  But I realize
they are anathema to many photographers for a variety of reasons.

Joel W.