Re: [OM] Y'all are purty smart....

Subject: Re: [OM] Y'all are purty smart....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:56:29 -0800
Paul wrote:
> So I look to the collective wisdom of the group for a recommendation.
>
> I want the digital equivalent of my Stylus. Small, pocketable, great
> image quality.  $200-ish.
>
> I've handled a hundred digital p&s's, read reviews until my brain
> melted.

- <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408budgetgroup/page15.asp>

One slick and Auto only, the other with more zoom and more control for
the user. I've had the LZ8 on my list for anyone wanting an inexpensive
camera for some time. Both cheaper than $200, the LZ8 hovering around
$100, but the next real step up goes well over $200.

No camera in this price range is going to beat film for IQ, or see in
the dark w/o flash

Moose