Re: [OM] OT Interesting image?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Interesting image?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 09:14:54 +1100
That's an awful 'My first job' story.
I've seen huge flocks of budgies in the deserts of Western Australia,
around any small waterhole.
Budgerigar is reputed to come from an Arunta word - 'butcheri-gar' -
meaning 'good to eat'. Don't believe it myself - you'd need a lot for
a feed. More than ten anyway. :-)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx