[OM] No KatzEye screen for the E620

Subject: [OM] No KatzEye screen for the E620
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 20:41:06 -0800
I had a long talk with Rachael Katz today about their attempts to fit a
KatzEye screen in the E620 (using my camera) Unfortunately there isn't
quite enough clearance because it seems Olympus has added a plate with
the focusing points in the E620 which was missing in other E bodies. Or
rather not in the same position. Olympus isn't alone in doing this. Net
result is that there is not enough room by a small fraction of a mm. I
was of the opinion that a focusing aid was preferable to visible focus
pts in the viewfinder. Rachael was ahead of me and said that they had
explored removing the offending plate with the thought to modify it but
it is firmly glued or otherwise attached.  No economical mod is
possible. Too bad as I getting attached to the KatzEye in my e510 which
was very useful in getting those borage flower shots with the 80mm
macro. Too bad for Rachael  as well because she had a list of 50 or so
awaiting the results of this experiment. The E620 joins only a few other
bodies without clearance for the screen. (the 5D isn't one of them, in
that case it's economics)

mike