[OM] (OM) cv lenses

Subject: [OM] (OM) cv lenses
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 19:51:10 -0500
Yep, the CV SL 125 f/2.5 Apo-Lanthar  (Big Foot) is something special,
IMO.  People who have the Leica 100 macro, seem to like it as much.
The bokeh is smoother while the Leica "neutral." Depends on the
image/taste of course which is "better."  Small amount of CA
at 1:1 in high constrast OOF area but  really excels for macro.  No
slouch at infinity, but not as impressive.  No tripod mount like the
autotube, but on the Mirex is manual stop down anyway and thus minimal
vibration.  Worth every penny of the 700 or so bucks NIB, but the
fortuitous aquisition due to the combined efforts of a Far east CV
dealer and a tech at Cosina who went to downtown Tokyo to retrieve the
beast  is difficult to believe.
Nikyon mount seems to command 1800-  >2K on yabe (gulp),  Canyon $1400
or so but they are rare.  Have only seen a few in OM mount--none in
over 6 months.
  Bob printed a coupala shots Marnie liked from it---am in process of
switching out of Zoto
and don't have the images handy.

Here are some from FM:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/662530/40#6864115

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/662530/45#7003384

I have a detailed full frame (Spanish) analysis  link at work.  I will
provide on or off list if requested.

The Cosina Voigtlander 180 in OM mount arrived yesterday.  :-)) It is
very small indeed and perfect for travel.  It is easy to focus on OM of
course, less so with digital film.  The last lecia 180 F2.8 APO went
for a steal at 1900 at B&H.  The Leica 180 f4 is nice and small
but a bunch of LoCA and am told not very good for macro.

CV 180 review on Photozone:

http://www.photozone.de/nikon--nikkor-aps-c-lens-tests/264-voigtlander-sl-180mm-f4-apo-lanthar-test-reportreview

Mike

this one would be the Apo-lanthar macro version, in nikon, M42 and oly
mount
was not expensive when produced (but production was very low)
said to be perfect ;-)

personnaly I use the Ultron 35/1,7  on my leica M6 and I'm quite happy
with it...
the basic nokton 50/1,5 is very good too

Stephan